What is TISH? Why Should I Care?
Certain cities in Minnesota require an inspection PRIOR to listing a house. This inspection, called “Truth In Sale of Housing” (or TISH) is focused on risks to life or health that may be found within the home. These inspections must be done by a licensed evaluator prior to or before closing (dependent on the community).
Once the TISH report is received, sellers must complete the required fixes before closing. If they are unable to complete the checklist of necessary repairs, the seller may choose to negotiate with the buyer, who can complete the repairs post-close.
The cost of these inspections very from city to city. Your Edge Real Estate Services REALTOR® can help you prepare for this inspection and find a licensed evaluator to perform this inspection.
As of January 20, 2020 -
These Minnesota cities require Truth in Housing report PRE-LISTING inspection:
- Bloomington - Time-of-Sale housing inspection
- Golden Valley - Point of Sale inspection
- Hopkins - Truth-in-Sale of Housing evaluation
- Maplewood - Truth-in-Sale of Housing report
- Minneapolis - Truth-in-Sale of Housing evaluation*
- New Hope - Point of Sale inspection
- Richfield - Point of Sale Housing inspection
- Robbinsdale - Point of Sale inspection
- St. Louis Park - Property Maintenance inspection
- Saint Paul - Truth in Sale of Housing disclosure form
- South Saint Paul - Time-of-Sale Housing inspection
- West Saint Paul - inflow and infiltration inspection
*Minneapolis TISH reports include information on the energy efficiency of a home
No Longer Needed in these communities:
- Brooklyn Park